Monday, August 18, 2008

TROPICAL STORM FAY


No school again tomorrow :(
I went to bed last night with the computer models edging FAY west into the gulf and woke up to the original models, FAY hitting the West coast of Florida. We're on the East coast, outside of Ft. Lauderdale.
We've had lots and lots of rain since this morning but things are supposed to go downhill from here for the next 24 hours. BET THERE IS NO SCHOOL AGAIN WEDNESDAY! When I look at the radar, I swear FAY is coming straight up the middle of Florida.
Shelters are now opening for low laying areas because we may get over 8 inches of rain. Our pool has another 2 inches before it floods... I guess that will happen sometime tonight.

4 comments:

  1. Hunker down and stay safe. I have friends in Tampa and in Parrish FL. Now I know your location. Take care. Hopefully this will not stay long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right about now I'm not too upset that the first day of school is postponed again. Erin has to stay home 1 more day anyway. She has a sinus infection & the dr told me to keep her home. On the other hand, I really would like to go back to work.

    How is Meg handling the delays? I'm sure this isn't easy on her which means it isn't easy on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammie,
    Meg is MAD! At Channel 7 for continuing with the coverage of FAY. She said the school board wouldn't know about it if Channel 7 would just SHUT UP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ROFLMTO!!! Meg is so great. Truly! When I think back to the quiet young lady who came home, I wonder where she went. Your girl has a definite mind set & isn't too afraid to show it. Thank G-d!

    Tell Meg that the school board doesn't go to channel 7. They go to channel 6. ;-0 That'll blow her mind.

    ReplyDelete