Friday, August 22, 2008

FRIDAY UPDATE


This will be LONG, so grab a cup of coffee if you're following along.
Everyone but Amy has started school now. Amy should start in 10 days or so.
Austin's bus was only 40 minutes late today. I'd like to know how these drivers keep their jobs??? Don't they go over their route BEFORE school starts? And after the FIRST day of missing the stop ENTIRELY...wouldn't you think the driver would LOOK for the house on her own time??? I guess not if you KNOW you won't be fired. I am totally DISGUSTED with the BROWARD COUNTY SCHOOL BUS SYSTEM!!!!!! And YES, I spoke with supervisors everyday!!! I'm getting chest pains so let's talk about something else.............
Our ADOPTION of Hannah!!! well...I just erased everything I wrote about that!!!! Just in case someone reads it and I wait even LONGER for approval.. But after she's home..I'll fill you all in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE biting my tongue!!! I'm not good at it. I want to say SO MUCH... it's such BS!!!!
So............................
The girls are playing in their room..NOT...they are constantly in the freezer and fridge looking for food! They already had eggs, bagels, cheese, milk, juice, pudding,and cereal and it's only 11:00 AM.
Back to our sweet Hannah. She's doing well and has gained some weight back.. She is now happy and has chubby cheeks again I'm told. Since we haven't received our I-600 approval yet, we're on day 18, I think we'll be waiting a LONG time. This isn't what we were expecting. We thought, since Hannah is SN (older) we would have a quick approval like the other SN kids have had...NOPE! not for us. The SN kids from our agency had their approvals in 6 days! Not us. Looks like all the cute clothes I bought for Hannah to wear in Hot, Hot, Hanoi in Aug/Sept. will now be worn by Amy here in Hot, Hot, South Florida. At least someone will wear them. Too bad they're all sleeveless, now Amy can't wear them to school.
Miss Sue met the "real" Austin yesterday. He cried and screamed for quite some time she said. She also said she needs to bring herself an extra shirt to school now...She was soaked with tears and snot from holding Mr. Austin!! Poor Miss Sue. She'll need and EXTRA nice Christmas gift this year. I shouldn't laugh, but I told her he was a "challenge". He sure isn't Ryan, the dream child, who she had for 2 years.
OOPS..just got a call from Miss Sue..Austin hit his head on the wall at school and has a huge bump!!! They are putting ice on him now! Oh Austin!!
This post has taken 2 hours to write with all the interruptions I've had....I gotta get some laundry done before we drown in it...Talk to you later!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Sandy!! What fun you must be having?!! That is why my hubby keeps tell me "No more!"
    ~~Christie~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is always fun with the Poko Pack!

    I can't wait to hear more about Hannah. Her pics are so sweet. Any chances you'll travel before November at this rate?

    How is Austin's head? I hope his boo boo goes away quickly.

    I'm also waiting to hear more about Ryan & Meg. How are they enjoying school. Okay. Okay. Stupid question about Meg. I know that she's loving school as usual but am hoping she's having an easier time finding her class.

    ReplyDelete