Saturday, August 16, 2008

48 HOURS TO GO

And my plans are falling apart FAST...First we have that darn tropical storm FAY churning south of us. Who knows where it will go? Probably not here, but while we're in that famous "cone of uncertainty" we are uncertain if school will start on Monday as planned.
And then there's Austin. Last Sunday I said to Mike.." Is that a cold sore on Austin's lower lip?" " No", he ASSURED me, "he's only 2". WELL.....it IS a cold sore and Mr. Austin has been rubbing it with the back of his hand ALL WEEK...from ear to ear, across his chin. This morning he has about 60 tiny cold sores starting on that rubbing track!!! Now, how do I send him to school like that?
Thursday we had gone to Austin's school and met his teacher Miss Sue. Austin is Dev. delayed so will be in the PLACE program at school. Ryan had been in Sue's class for 2 years and is going to kindergarten Monday. Austin played in his new school room and screamed and cried and had a MAJOR temper tantrum when we had to leave, POOR MISS SUE. I was SO looking forward to little Mr. Austin getting on that yellow school bus Monday morning. He's been walking around the house all week with his McQueen backpack and McQueen shoes on.
And Amy? Amy is registered for school too. Had her testing done last April and qualified for a half day with Austin ... Thursday, while at orientation for Amy, I found out they "forgot" to have the IEP...now Amy has to wait for 2 weeks before we can have the IEP and she can start school. Amy is 3 and has been walking around with her Cinderella backpack on all week.
She and I will BOTH be crying when that bus leaves without her and Austin Monday morning.
I just want to bang my head against a wall!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment