Thursday, August 28, 2008

I GUESS WE'RE IN IT FOR THE LONG HAUL

Austin woke up screaming at 4:30, something normal for him, so, after I got him back to sleep I decided to check emails. I DID end up writing to Ms Russell at the US EMBASSY in HCMC yesterday afternoon. Well, I got a response back already! And it wasn't the form letter. That was nice, someone actually took the time to email me personally. BUT...It wasn't what I wanted to hear. They said because Hannah isn't in a serious health condition, we will wait the 60 business days for approval.
NOT what I wanted to hear, but at least I know now. I feel worse for Hannah than us, she's known she has a family since April, and has been asking for us for a LONG time.
Looks like I will spend THANKSGIVING in Vietnam. Funny, Mike and I were on a plane to Vietnam on THANKSGIVING DAY in 2006. I never would have imagined I would be doing that again!

5 comments:

  1. Oh Sandy, I am so sorry that they didn't expedite. I know you will be on pins and needles until you and Hannah are on the plane heading back home. Keep the faith, I am sure that Hannah will be fine, and you will look back on this time and know that you are strong both physically and emotionally. The kids at home will keep you so busy that they time will fly.

    Susan and Kate
    Riverview, FL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh poops! I can't believe that you have to wait the full time for approval. Because Hannah isn't having severe health issues? What the heck does that mean? Doesn't she need her family as much as any other child!? Sheez! I really hate bureaucrats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear the unwanted news to wait.... Hopefully it won't be as long a stay as it was in 06 though.

    I hope the time flies by for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear that you will have so wait even longer for Hannah to come home. That was very nice to receive the email so quickly though. I know the waiting is tough, but the outcome will be so special.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry it is taking so long. You will certainly have one more special thing to be grateful for this Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete