Sunday, October 12, 2008

Today's a bad day. I guess I'm feeling sorry for myself, and scared for Hannah. Her mom took her from the orphanage 3 days after our NOID and apparently is in hiding from an abusive husband who won't allow Hannah in his home. I pray Hannah is safe!!
Tina from The Story of You is so sweet. She emailed me and said when I'm ready, she'll change my home page. I just can't bring myself to take her picture down. I know it has to go, if only because it's the right thing to do for our new little girl, whoever she may be, but this is unbelievably painful. So much for my "Retail Therapy", I might as well have flushed that $$ down the toilet for all the help it did me.
I'm not alone in this NOID business, there have been quite a few lately, with no end in sight. No one talks about them, but they're there. There are many, many devastated families, I just seem to be a more vocal one.
So, we're supposed to get a new referral, a new little girl for us. When will that be? Who knows? Will Vietnam stay open long enough for us to even receive a referral? I've been reading JCIS, Ethica, Voices of Vietnam Integrity, etc. It doesn't look promising.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Sandy, my heart is breaking for everyone involved. For you and your family as you continue to grieve for Hannah; for Hannah and her mother, who are now living in the unknown. I am also so angry at the officials who couldn't just leave well enough alone, not badger this poor mother into changing her mind - which I believe she did. I am at a loss as to figure out how these people sleep at night.

    I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

    Susan and Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family as you grieve your loss; and with Hannah and her mother and I pray they are safe from any further harm.
    It's heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stop by my blog. You've been tagged.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Sandy, I'm so sorry about what you and your family are going through. It's so devastating I could only imagine the pain. Please know you are in our prayers for Hannah's safety and your heart healing..
    Heidy and Joey

    ReplyDelete