Saturday, October 18, 2008

Saturday Update

Good Morning Family & Friends,
It's been a week since I've updated this BLOG. It's time. We've had so many highs and lows in the past few weeks it's taken the steam right out of me, but I think , no, I PRAY we are finally on the path to healing our hearts and looking forward to a new little Angel to join our family. So many of our friends received bad news this week. More NOIDS, and the announcement our gov. has refused to permit Vietnam to refer any Special Needs children to the US has been heartbreaking. Those families are in our prayers. Hopefully God is showing them He is opening another door for them. We've been there, He has a plan for all of us. Sometimes it takes awhile to see where He is leading.

Vu Thi Men is living with her grandparents and has started school. She is happy and that's the most important thing to us. We'll be sponsoring her and will post her progress here as we get updates. She will always have a piece of our hearts and we hope someday we will meet her.

Tina, from "The Story of You" who designed this fabulous BLOG, went in and deleted Vu Thi Men's picture from the home page for me and re- designed the Travel page. THANK-YOU Tina. It took me until yesterday to bring myself to look at it...and it looks empty :( but hopefully, soon we will fill it with a new little Angel's sweet face.

Our agency is looking for a new little one for us now. Not an easy task I can assure you. Not that we're picky, it's the fact that there aren't a lot of available children in the orphanages. Yes, there are children there, but the majority are there because their families can't afford to raise them so they are placed in the orphanages, also called "care & feeding centers", until their families can afford to bring them home. Sometimes that's never. It's a cultural thing, it's their way of life. Although we can always accept a healthy child, we have given them a long list of special needs we feel comfortable with. We are confident we'll see our Angel's face soon.

Tomorrow we'll be meeting our FCC families at the local Pumpkin Patch for pictures. The kids are all going to be dressed in jeans and white T shirts. It should be cute! My little ones talk of nothing but picking out pumpkins!!

I think I'm back in the groove again. I'm excited for a new referral and will be posting updates regularly again. Maybe it's time to get excited and put another ticker up!!!

I love you all. Thank you so much for all the emails expressing your love and support for us. I read every one and am humbled by how many friends I have.

Talk to you soon!

4 comments:

  1. So happy you are finding peace in this situation and the child that will forever be in your heart is being cared for .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am grateful you are back! Have a wonderful time at the pumpkin patch and please post some pictures here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy,
    Good to see that you are getting out and taking your mind of things...
    Can't wait to see some Pumpkin Patch photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandy,

    It was really great seeing you & the Pack this afternoon at the pumpking patch. I can't get over how much everyone has grown.

    However, I have to admit to having a soft spot for your Meg. I can look back in my mind's eye to that long ago day when we were sitting eating lunch in the deli with Susan & Art & all of our beautiful children. Seeing Meg today brought such a good memory home to me.

    The rest of your children are all so beautiful! You & Mike are certainly blessed.

    ReplyDelete