Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Welcome to the Poko NUT House!


OUCH! I broke my toe this morning! I was brushing Austin's teeth, he was screaming, as usual, it was 7:15, and then I decided to carry him to his room to get him dressed for school. After all, the bus is SUPPOSED to come at 7:30 so we are running late! Now, we're ALWAYS in a hurry in the AM. Probably because we don't get up until 7. I guess I need to change that! Anyhow, I jammed my foot on the door frame of the bathroom and saw stars!! My middle toe was heading west while my other toes were going north. YEP, this is definitely a broken toe. I'm a nurse, I can diagnose :) Everyone stands still. ha ha ha, I guess I'm more important than I thought. I was surrounded by lots of caring faces, as I'm screaming in pain. Ya, I don't do well when I hurt my little toesies. After I tell Mike, NO, I am not going to the ER since all they will do is tape it and I can do that myself, everyone gets back to getting ready for school. Here I am trying to tape my toes together while Curious George is on TV, the boys are looking for shoes, ( lined up by the door) Paisley is screaming and everyone else is in chaos. YIKES! this hurts! So, I hobble around, get everyone off to school except Amy, finally get a cup of tea, watch a little tropical storm update, and Paisley decides she needs held or she will continue to scream and cry. Sounds like a repeat of yesterday. Then Amy comes to tell me SOMETHING. I have no idea what she is saying to me ( the reason she is in pre-school, she gets speech ). OHHHHHHH the HAMSTER got away!!!!!!
WHAT HAMSTER YOU ASK? That's right, we didn't have any pets last time I posted did we?
I hate pets.... especially rat pets...I'm always the one who ends up caring for them, like I have time for that.
Anyhow, last night M was up at 10 PM and I was combing her hair after her shower. She looks outside and says " is that a hamster"? I yell to mike.."We must have RATS!!! get some traps !!!!" Well, Mike goes outside because M says NO it's a hamster. Now I know there are no hamsters on our patio, so I don't let her outside. Mike is out there looking and finds a lovely giant BUFU frog, the kind that killed my 2 beautiful St Bernards!!! M says NO, It was a hamster, NOT a frog. So, he looks longer, and lo and behold what does he spy behind the bar? A teadybear hamster!!! We now have a hamster :( in the girls room. Paisley got in there while I was reading emails and dumped over the bin it was in. It's now running around the room. I shut the door so it can't get out. I'm not touching it! But if that thing, it's name is ANGEL, gnaws on the computer wires. somebody is in BIG trouble.
I had to take the tape off my toes, it hurts worse with the tape. Now it's time to get Amy ready for school. I'll try the pics again. Maybe this time her eyes will be open. Then, maybe, if I'm really lucky, Paisley will take a nap and I can pick up all these LEGOS!!!! OUCH I hate stepping on Legos!

6 comments:

  1. Sandy, just wanted you to know...your emails really make me laugh!! I totally feel your pain in more ways than one! Keep up the posts, they are a delight to read. Mary-Lou

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary-Lou,
    Thanks. I needed a vote of confidence this AM. My foot HURTZ!!!! and I'm getting nothing done and it's already time for school to be out. Too bad Mike can't afford AFTERCARE HA HA HA

    ReplyDelete
  3. OUCH!! Hope it gets better soon, Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And here I thought Murphy's Law only lived at my house! I hope your toe gets better real soon. And that Angel is put back where she belongs, wherever that is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my. I really was wondering when you got a pet. Personally, I'm on your side. A hamster is just another kind of rat. Please tell me that you are going to get rid of that thing!

    Hope your toesies are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandy,

    We definately have a no-rodent rule at our house. I play the oh...I'm allergic card all the time. It saves a lot of arguments. Right now everyone else wants a dog, but I am holding out for that, I just don't want to hassle. Maybe after the two older ones go home to their mom in January.

    susan and kate
    riverview

    ReplyDelete