Friday, September 19, 2008

FRIDAY UPDATE


Hi Gang,
Here's where we stand on the adoption front. Hannah's labs were received by the Embassy Friday. Our agency will hear from them Monday. I'm hoping it's a go and we'll get our approval next week. I won't hear anything until Tuesday AM so it's going to be a LONG weekend..
My 5 yr old Ryan went to hug and kiss his friend R good-bye yesterday after kindergarten while they were both waiting to be picked up after school. R decided to bite him in the stomach because he didn't like that idea! Due to the fact I could easily turn this BLOG X-rated by telling you what I think about R's mother who continued to yell "this is unacceptable behavior" OVER and OVER and didn't apologize to Ryan, but made her son the "victim" I will just say an incident report was filed, my son sat in the clinic listening to this moron rant as he was crying and holding an ice bag to his stomach not knowing WHAT he had done wrong! The skin wasn't broken but the blood rose to the top of his skin. My 5 yr old now knows he can't kiss in kindergarten like he did in pre-school and he's not to play with the biter any more.
I'm disgusted with women like that! He's an innocent little boy. WHAT is she that afraid ? Or is she prejudice against Ryan because he's from China? Or maybe because he is cleft and looks different? I don't know, but it's something. It just wasn't normal to carry on like that when it was YOUR son who bit mine!. If Ryan had bit someone ( highly unlikely since he had his 4 top teeth removed due to poor dental care in a Chinese orphanage) I would have apologized to the boy AND the mom. What's with people today?? Have they no manners? No sense of decency? Apparently NOT.

6 comments:

  1. How sad. I hope your son knows he did nothing wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy, I'm so sorry this happened to Ryan. I agree people today can be so rude and morons rolled up into one.

    I do hope that Ryan understands he didn't do anything wrong. Poor thing. Poor mom too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Horrible! That mother has quite a bit to answer for! How dare she not apologize to you & Ryan. And even worse, how dare she not have her son apologize! She is certainly not sending a good message to R. As for why she played victim? I think she's too dumb to be prejudiced by anything. She's just dumb.

    Please give Ryan a HUGE hug from all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandy, yeah on the labs. One step closer to Hannah.

    You want me to come over and have a "chat" with that immature woman. I know your momma bear was out in full force, but sometimes it is hard to think rationally in the moment. I would certainly make an appt. with the school to have a joint meeting with you, your husband and the other childs parents. Make sure they are aware that you have explained to Ryan that kissing outside the family isn't acceptable, maybe show him high fives. By having the meeting we can hope that they will see how immature she was and how she isn't teaching her child anything by not making him take responsibility for his actions.

    Susan and Kate
    Riverview, FL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Sandy; I am so sorry that Ryan and you had to endure such a stupid display by that poor excuse for a mom. How appalling!! I am very saddened to hear this story.

    I am sending you and Ryan huge hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry I am so late on this...
    I am sorry that you and Ryan went through such a horrible experience. RE: the other mom and her child...you know the old saying: The apple doesn't fall far from the tree!
    Hope Ryan is feeling better! :-)

    ReplyDelete