Friday, May 2, 2008

GOOD FRIDAY MORNING :)

Good morning friends.


I just realized, after seeing how many visitors I have on my BLOG, most people don't know anything about us. So..... Let me give you a little view into our world.


First, and MOST important, Jesus is my Lord and Savior. I love my Lord and try to follow His lead. Although sometimes I get impatient and try to do things MY way...never works out.


I love children, I love crafts, I LOVE Disney World, I HATE housework, but I love doing laundry, go figure! I hate cooking too. I like to order in :)


I absolutley love, love, love, living in South Florida. The weather is gorgeous, shopping and health care are minutes away, schools are great and we are so multicultural here. All my children fit so well into the area. They have friends they can relate to and don't feel they stand out and are different.


Mike and I met in college in 1969. He had just returned from serving 4 years in Vietnam. Mike was in the NAVY on the Naval Carrier USS INTREPID. We were married in 1970. Yep! 38 years this Sept.


We raised 5 daughters and have 16 grandchildren. Our married children are scattered throughout the US., Florida, North Carolina, and Colorado.


After an empty nest for about 10 years, in 2004 I felt GOD leading me to adoption. God has placed orphans on my heart and I will comtinue to help them until my last breath. We may be done adopting since there are no more empty beds and no more seats in our SUV, but we will find another way to help. We now have 2 children from China, one from Guatemala and 3 from Vietnam, well # 3 is patiently waiting for us in Vietnam and we are hoping to travel to Vietnam sometime this summer to bring her home. Vietnam is closing to all US adoptions so we are playing "Beat The Clock" right now.


So, 11 children. Who would have ever thought? Hmmm.... I think an even dozen would be perfect! GOD? What do you think? Want to send someone else our way? We're always open to children needing a home and have more than enough love. Of course $$ better come along with #12 if you should decide to send him or her our way :)


OK, I guess that's enough info for installment #1. I hear some "little darlings" are into the popcicles AGAIN.... gotta run ..............


3 comments:

  1. Sandy, you are amazing. I am not sure how and where you find the strength. I have only one and she wipes me out. One of these days you need to share your secrets on how you manage with a full house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Viv,
    Thanks, I'm planning on cramming everything I can into every crevice of my life. I don't want to miss a thing, and I want to help as many children as I can. Isn't that the real purpose of life? It's not about US, It's about "them". And anyhow, I figure I can rest in my coffin :)
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't get it. You hate housework but love doing laundry? Well if that's the case, can I send you my laundry? It seems that 3 people can create enough laundry for an army. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete