Friday, May 9, 2008

From this NON-MOMMY



I'm sure many of you adoptive moms have seen all the posts about the TODAY show and labeling us adoptive moms NON-MOMS. Well, THIS "NON-MOM" walked into her son's Pre-K class for the Mother's Day Tea, and saw my little guy just light up when he saw me walk thru that door. "THAT'S MY MOMMY!! THAT'S MY MOMMY!!" he said over and over. He couldn't stop grinning and waving and announcing to the room that HIS mom was here. Oh, I had tears in my eyes, he is just the sweetest little boy. I am so thankful Mike could take off some time today to watch the "little monkeys" so Ryan and I could share today.
Now we're off to the fields for Softball awards.

3 comments:

  1. I am a Mom. Period. Not because I gave birth. But because I am the one raising my daughter, wiping the tears, making the sacrifices, helping her through the difficult times, rejoicing in her happiness. And I DARE anyone to come to my face and call me a non-Mom. Go ahead, I am on a hormone mood swing...make my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously we just don't know the true meaning of "mom." Apparently, we're under some mistaken impression that we are moms. Where did we go wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ryan is such a sweet child. His smile tells it all. I'm sure you just melted when you saw and heard him. How very sweet!

    ReplyDelete