Wednesday, January 7, 2009

WOW,
It's a week into 2009 and time is flying by again this year. I can't believe it's only been 12 days since Christmas. Seems like ages ago. Our tree went down the 29th, the decorations were in the attic by the 1st, and all the toys are now in everyone's room. Time for a new beginning and putting last years holidays behind me. Although I did get caught up in the Christmas clearance...again... even though I swore I didn't need anything more. But I just couldn't pass up 90% OFF at TARGET. Everyone got new stockings, and we got some beautiful glass ornaments ( for the top of the tree of course). No wrap this year, although it killed me to pass it up at 90% off. But, I still have 100's of rolls from 2004 that I bought at 90% off. I can't believe I still have wrap left from that shopping spree! Guess I bought a LOT.
Those bargains were all packed in containers and ready for the attic when Paisley and I went to WALMART yesterday. OH NO! More bargains! I just COULDN'T resist $1 for every Christmas decoration!!! We bought $480 of Christmas ornaments for $30. AND bought 4 artificial trees for $1 EACH! Where I'm going to put everything is another problem. I see this AM that Mike has put a lot of ornaments under our bed...Maybe that means the attic is FULL?

3 comments:

  1. So glad there is someone else out there like me when it comes to those awesome clearance sales. I finally used all my Christmas wrap from my 2001 shopping spree so I was looking for some on sale but it was all gone by the time I made it to the stores around here, guess I'll have to suck it up next year and by at least 1 roll full price :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those sales, but when I get there nothing good is left, sheesh!
    And no worries, I am still using years old wrapping paper too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought for a minute that you spend $480 on ornaments. Wow, what a bargain $30.

    ReplyDelete