Thursday, July 31, 2008

SCHOOL DAYS ARE COMING


August 18th is right around the corner. WHY do we start school so early here? Do you know how HOT is is here in South FL in August? And we always have hurricanes Aug/Sept. so the kids miss days anyhow. Why can't they just start the day after Labor Day, like most of the country does? It's not like we get out any sooner. We just have lots more holidays and teacher work days here :(
I had planned to be to Vietnam and home with Hannah by the time school started but that won't be happening...now I have 5 kids to get ready for school PDQ.
Our kids wear uniforms, and that's a good thing, but try and find a uniform that fits a kindergarten boy who wears size 18 months shorts! And Hannah? I'm going to need a size 3 if her measurements are correct.
Meg has been counting down the days until 6th grade. She wakes every morning happy because school is one day closer. I wake up dreading school is one day closer because I'm thinking of all I need to buy and prepare for that first day. At least everyone will be out of the house by 8 AM August 18th, except Paisley and me. What will I do with all that peace and quiet? Pack for Vietnam? Laundry? Shop? I think maybe Paisley and I will go in the pool and RELAX! My luck? It will probably be raining!!

4 comments:

  1. I had to go to Children's Place for Erin's bottoms. We went to the uniform store, had her try on size 4 pants that we adjusted as tight as possible. When she came out of the dressing room, they had fallen to her ankles. The school secretary told me to get bottoms from where they could be found.

    I used to be like Meg - wanting school to start. That is until college when I just wanted to go out & play. Oops! I wasn't supposed to admit to that!

    Any word on how long till we read that you're in Vietnam?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're lucky...most of the kids in our area start next week, like Wednesday or Thursday! I agree that August is just too early to start school. Way back when, we didn't start until the week of Labor Day. Boy, I'm getting old!

    Kristy
    from the Yahoo Group

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy, just enjoy the time alone with Paisley. Kate starts Kindergarten and I have bought her uniforms at Target, take size 4 up as far as they will go and she is fine. Now as far as long pants, that will be a problem. She is soooo tall and will need length before she fills them out. I am going to try JCPenney this winter and see how she does in slims. My little peanut (not) is 40 lbs and 45.5 inches tall, America's Next Top Model in the making I am sure.

    Susan and Kate
    Riverview FL

    ReplyDelete