Saturday, July 5, 2008

It's been 4 months already!!

I can't believe it's been 4 months since we started paper chasing for Hannah. Time sure flies. My agency said we should have her police clearance by Tuesday, then we can file the I-600. It's getting close!
I have so much to do before I travel, just in case I actually go before school starts.
I've got to register all the kids for school, buy uniforms, school supplies, and fill the backpacks for the first day. I also have to make some room. I'm planning on switching the boys and girls rooms around, so PAINT is the word of the day...Mike just LOVES that word. I can see him cringe now. I really need to get on that soon, but, as most of you know by now, I'm the world's biggest procrastinator. My "stuff" has now been moved from the dining room table to a card table in a corner of my bedroom, staring at me. Every weekend I say I'm going to make and sell it to help fund my adoption. Hannah will be home and it will still be sitting here :( Oh well, my girls will have the most hair bows, beaded socks, and fancy sandals around! Good thing I have lots of girls!
I just figured out my problem! I used to be a list maker, I even had a list of the lists I needed! I would get up every morning, my cup of tea, paper and pen at the ready to start a new day. I slacked off and stopped making my lists, no wonder I'm floundering in a sea of chaos! That's it!! Tomorrow AM, the purple pen and pink steno pad comes out, I will sit with my delicious cup of nice hot tea, and make my lists of all I need to accomplish before Hannah comes home.
On that note, I'm off to bed, to dream of list making, before Austin and Paisley wake up as they usually do by 2 AM :(
NIGHT ALL and Thanks for being here with me :)

6 comments:

  1. Funny thing. I too am a list maker, & this time around I'm having a hard time even making my lists. And without my lists, nothing gets accomplished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too funny! I am a list maker too, I confess. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure hope you get that clearance real soon. Hannah needs to be home for her birthday.

    By the way, I am a list maker also. I am finding out these days if I don't make the list, I can't remember what I need to do and buy. Old age stinks!!

    Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe that's my problem. I have never made lists, but now that I am not working as much (not by choice) I find the days slip by without anything getting accomplished. Better start making those lists.

    I am waiting patiently (not) to get those hairbows for Kate LOL

    Susan and Kate
    Riverview FL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a list maker too. I'll even write something on the list that I did, that wasn't on it just so I can cross it out. Lists are great. They show all that has been accomplished, which makes you feel good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are all list makers! LOL I love my lists, what can I say? Here's hoping that we catch up with you and we both travel REAL soon!

    ReplyDelete