Monday, April 21, 2008

TOLD YA! NEVER A DULL MOMENT

Yesterday's BBQ started off with a BANG! We hadn't been there 5 minutes, were still inside hugging and crying over each other when someone ran in to say Austin was in the pool!!! At the bottom!!!. Thank GOD for older grandchildren. Courtney saw bright yellow crocs flying and then saw Austin at the bottom of the pool. She has a cast on but ran to the pool where Kris was swimming and they both rescued him! That was the best $40 I ever spent, bought them at Mickey's House, bright yellow Mickey Crocs. Courtney hadn't seen Austin fall in the pool, no one had, she saw the yellow shoe fly in the air!
The day got much better, how could it not? We all had a great time, food and drink flowing non stop. Kids running everywhere and adults standing guard at the pool till all went home.
We decided to start having annual Family Reunions. Michelle will be the first host next summer.
After the stress of the day I ended up going to bed at 9:45. NEVER have I gone to bed so early.

5 comments:

  1. OMG!!!!! Thank God someone seen him!!!!! I know what that did to your heart! Kim's kids have gotten so big! I was shocked to see that! Time goes by so fast! They are so cute! I miss sitting by your pool with everyone hard to believe it has been 3 years since I was there! Glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...time to consider buying a fence for that pool. So glad it turned out OK.
    The pictures are wonderful! Next time try to get more pictures of you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Viv,
    It's an all adult house,no baby guard pool fence there, the yard is fenced in. I thought I took more pics than I did :(
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow! Sandy I can only imagine how terrified you all were.

    I almost didn't recognize the kids in the pics. They've all grown so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh My! You must have freaked. Sorry your day started out so stressful. I can't believe how big Paisly is already. And that hair!!!

    Family Get-Togethers are a great idea.

    ReplyDelete