Thursday, June 18, 2009

WE'RE MOVING

We've decided it's time to go. We never planned to stay in this house more than 5 years and it's been 7. We also never planned to adopt, ha ha didn't God have different plans than we two empty nesters? This house was BIG for the 2 of us when we bought it, now we need a bigger house. 6 kids in a 4 bedroom is a little too close for comfort. So, we're getting the house all spiffy and putting it on the market in December. I sure hope the market gets a little better by then. Tonight I packed 11 boxes~~~ in between posting~~ I had to do SOMETHING to get my frustration out and since my sister just moved from Dallas, I have lots and lots of packing supplies :) Yes, I know, I won't be moving for quite some time, but I like to have things organized, so I packed some Christmas dishes ( I have 3 sets) and stuff I don't want out when I'm showing my house. Gee, my kitchen looks so clean with all that crap on top of the kitchen cabinets packed away. I might not put it all back up in the new house. I'm sick of Roosters anyhow. No, we aren't sure where we'll move to yet. Maybe buy a big foreclosure around here, or a new house a little farther north. Or, maybe Mike will retire and we'll move out of Florida all together and go to NC. I have an appointment to see some new homes in NC while we're there over the 4th.

4 comments:

  1. How exciting. Hope you can survive the listing though. Selling is way more stressful than buying. Trying to keep a house is pristine shape with all the little ones running around will be challenge at best. Move on up closer to me and we can finally meet in person.

    Susan and Kate
    Riverview FL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sandy! So now that your sister moved, you're going to move away. I hope it will be further North, closer to her if anywhere.

    Packing is the pits. I feel for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candy,
    I'm glad I started now. I have so much "stuff". I packed 4 big boxes out of my closet and you can't tell anything's missing. I just hope my house will sell for what I owe when the time comes. We are thinking Port St Lucie, Palm Bay, Ft.Myers area, the Panhandle, North Carolina, Vietnam, or China. We have a BiG decision to make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You sure do know how to make an announcement Sandy!

    Packing up before you even put the house on the market is really a sroke of pure genius. Maybe I should pack some stuff too? (Like all of David's garbage!) If you're really sick of all the rooster stuff, why not ebay it? That way you won't have to keep it in the house at all.

    ReplyDelete