Wednesday, March 4, 2009

OIY VEY IS ME!!!!

Who's been to the orthodontist lately? I HAVE!!! OIY VEY! 3 kid needing "bracelets" as Meg calls them and I NEED A BAILOUT! Hey! There's no $$ at my house, OR in America! But I know where all the $$ is...It's at the Ortho's office!! I hear Congress is giving out lots of $$, I think I'll give them a call.
Really though, I took Ryan to Dr. S yesterday. He was Wendy's ortho 20 years ago and she has the most beautiful teeth. So, I was happy to see his office has moved from Oakland Park to a quarter mile from my house!! AND I found out he was the first and only CLEFT ortho in Broward county for many years ( there is another one here now too). So, we had a consult yesterday after school. He will wait 6 months and recheck him, then start widening his palate. We're waiting for molars to come in. Ryan is 6. This morning Ryan had a visit with his cleft surgeon Dr S. yes, both are Dr. S. and we were told ortho Dr S had already called and he is now the lead MD in charge of Ryan's mouth. WOW, How did I get so lucky as to using the right ortho 20 years ago? We all know it wasn't luck. It was all God's plan..WOW! HE really thinks ahead doesn't He? :) Only joking God....
The $$$$, OH, the $$$$. Not only will Ryan be starting ortho care by the end of the year, but Misses Meg and Molly will be starting NOW! YIKES! I should have put "STRAIGHT TEETH" in my Home Study! Let's not even THINK about the babies! The little girls have underbites already!!
Sadley, if our Vietnam adoption disolves in a heap, and it's looking like it's just about gone now, you all know where my travel $$ will be going...and it won't be at MICKEY'S HOUSE :(

4 comments:

  1. Vivian,
    Yes, we have dental ins. but ortho only pays $1000 for each kid :( a drop in the bucket!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is a lot all at once.

    By the by... I have given your blog an award. Go to my blog and scroll down some to the "Lovey Award".

    ReplyDelete