Thursday, June 19, 2008

RYAN UPDATE

My little guy is out of surgery now. What started out as outpatient surgery has turned into an overnight stay. And I'm GLAD! I know he will get excellent care. Ryan's in so much pain. Morphine is the word for the day! Surgery started at 4 and was 2 hours. What a long day for my little man. We didn't realize it, but this nose revision is in 2 parts. Today Dr. S took cartilage from Ryan's ears and built up a tip for his nose. In 6 months the a second surgery will narrow his nose. Mike says it's AMAZING!!! What a difference. He is REALLY REALLY handsome! Not that he wasn't before, but this surgery must have really made a difference. I'm hoping he sleeps all night, I know I won't.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that everything went well. Staying in the hospital isn't all that bad. Like you said, he'll get the best care there. I can't wait to see how handsome Ryan looks. I'll be watching for more updates. Ryan is a trooper for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad he is being well cared for and the surgery was a success. Get well soon Ryan!

    ReplyDelete