Monday, December 1, 2008

TRUE LOVE


Today, along with our celebrations, we pray for peace and healing for Ryan's first American parents. They loved him SO much. I'm writing this with tears streaming down my face. I remember it like it was yesterday, how could I ever forget, the love and heartbreak on the faces of that loving couple who had waited SO long for a son. Both families met at the attorney's home. I remember Ryan's mommy passing a scared little boy to me in the kitchen, the hugs and tears all around, and then them, quietly leaving when we took Ryan to the back yard to watch the deer as they came out of the forest in search of food. It was a bittersweet day. The beginning of our dreams and the end of theirs. Today, we keep in touch through pictures and updates of Ryan. Ryan always gets an extra kiss before going to bed, his Texas Kiss! He's my little Texan! Someday, when they are ready, Ryan will meet his saviors. That's a day we will CELEBRATE! My wish is for Ryan to have a special relationship with them, because without them, there would be no Ryan Joseph Du Xuan!
Today I am also thinking about Ryan's birth parents. They must have been so happy to have a son, and so crushed to see his little face and realize the only way to give him a fighting chance would be to give him up. TRUE LOVE....
Ryan is such a blessed little boy. He has 3 sets of parents that love him more than life itself.

2 comments:

  1. How beautiful that you give Ryan a Texan Kiss. Tears filing my eyes as I type.

    ReplyDelete