Monday, December 22, 2008

I'm NOT gonna make it..............

I have SOO much to do and SO little time.

Last night we went to church for the family carol sing. Megan read the scripture, actually she memorized it, LUKE 2: 1-7. She was great. Paisley and Austin were good for the first half of the service, but halfway though they got "antsy". Mike picked up Paisley and held Austin's hand and took them to the nursery. Of course we weren't sitting in the back. So, as he's walking to the back of the church Paisley asks very LOUD. "Where are we going daddy"? He answers "You'll see" as everyone smiles as he walks by their pews. Once there Austin goes right in to play, and Paisley SCREAMS & SCREAMS until she falls asleep. I know this becasue I could hear her all the way down to my pew, 6 rows from the front...It's a BIG church. After the service we pick them up, Paisley is still sleeping. She woke up in the car as were were driving home. She's crying again and said between the screams, "Daddy, I'm upset". She's TOO MUCH! Anyhow, she screamed and cried for 2 hours once we were home. Bet she behaves in church on Sunday morning!

Once home, Mr. Austin had an accident in his pants, well, not really an accident, he still wears pullups, but I swear, after last night, we are going "Commando" next week and getting potty trained! Anyhow, he ended up with his first ever diaper rash. He was in so much pain,and SO upset when I put desitin on him he started crying... AND crying. As I'm putting his PJs on he's still crying, then he started to puke, all over the carpet ( that poor carpet) Mike ran in and thought he'd deflect it by putting his hand in front of his mouth. NO NO NO!! HE DEFLECTED IT ALRIGHT. RIGHT INTO MY FACE! It was NOT a good night at our house. And I still have SO much to do for CHRISTMAS!

Oh right, that was the point of my post today. I need to grocery shop for Christmas dinner, wrap about 100 gifts, clean the house, do the laundry, color my hair, get everyone's clothes ready for Christmas Eve, make cookies, ha ha what a joke! Those cookies! I promised the girls we would do that today, so, they are going to watch the babies while I wrap. WHEW, I'm tired already..must be from breaking up a zillion fights over the train under the tree! Gotta go, a naked Paisley is standing on a kitchen chair eating the sugar in the sugar bowl and cutting bandaids..thank GOD it isn't her hair again! How does she find the scissors! Here comes Austin with a knife and an apple...

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've got your hands full of lots of love. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas. I know it will all fall into place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew! I am exhausted just reading your post. Just kidding. I hope your day went better today and things are getting done.
    Merry Christmas to all the Pokos.

    Kitty

    ReplyDelete