Saturday, September 5, 2009

DING! DING! DING! DING!

A light just went off in my head....We have the H1N1... AKA... SWINE FLU here in our house! Well, at least that's what I think it is.

It's the ONLY flu going around right now, so that's what I think we have. And no MD in the office today, but I've handled it this far, what's another 3 days? RIGHT? By Obama Tuesday, everyone will be happy and healthy again, except me I'm sure. Of course who was the FIRST to get sick as soon as school started? Yep, Meg, as usual. But that was last Friday, fever, sore throat, cough, She missed her play dates with her girlfriends but went to school Monday. Nurse mommy took good care of her. Monday afternoon who comes dragging home but Molly. The 2nd middle schooler. Now SHE looks like death warmed over. fever 104, aches, coughing, I put her to bed. Thursday she goes back to school . Thursday morning Paisley has 103 temp and starts with a little cough and runny nose. now I KNOW it's coming. Everyone will get it now! Friday, Paisley still has her fever when the Advil/tylenol wears off and who comes home from school looking REALLY BAD? Molly again! She looks worse than the first time. 104 temp. Off to bed she goes. Now Amy decides to sit beside me on the couch and burns my arm she's so HOT. UGH! Another one! Good thing I found children's Advil on clearance at TARGET this summer and bought it all! OK, what's the count now? Meg, slight cough but OK, Molly, miserable, Paisley, fever, Amy Hot Hot Hot. OK, I can manage this. I'm not a nurse for nothing! Meg is now my little helper and we get everyone sort of in bed/couch. What's the point of separating them now, right? Alrighty, we're all calm, things are going smooth

.....ringgggggggggggg. " I'm coming home" "Why" I ask? " It's only 4:30" "I'm sick" I think I'm going to PUKE and it won't go away".

So, Daddy is on his way home from work. This is new, no one has been puking, EEEWWWW I don't like PUKIES.

It's FRIDAY night and now I finally realize ..THIS IS SWINE FLU. According to "DR. SANDY"

Everyone was resting comfortably watching TV so Meg and I went to TARGET to re-enforce my supply of bleach, lysol, tylenol, juice, you get the picture.

I get home and here comes Ryan out of bed crying. Yep, you guessed it. 102.

Who's left? Me and Austin. Oh please don't let me get this too!

Well, it's Saturday morning. Daddy went to work, have no idea how he feels since he left before we woke up, but he is working alone so he won't infect anyone else. Molly is still miserable but her temp is down to 100. Paisley has no fever!!!! Amy is over 102 and so is Ryan. They both get their dose of children's advil and then Ryan turns around and PUKES ALL OVER THE KITCHEN. I didn't know a little body could hold so much liquid. Thank goodness he had been drinking apple juice. I don't think I could have handled chunks this early in the morning. So, I scoop him up and run him to the bathroom, get him cleaned up and comfy and back to the kitchen to clean up the mess...and what do I find? My 2 yr old Paisley, cleaning the puke. DOUBLE EWWWW. Into the tub she goes, and lots and lots of soap and water and a " THANK YOU SO MUCH BUT NEVER HELP MOMMY CLEAN UP PUKE AGAIN".

Thank goodness I have the old standby, baby tylenol suppositories. Ryan was NOT amused!

OK, I have 1 healthy child right now and am off to scrub this house with lysol and bleach. Too bad it's a thousand degrees outside or I could open the windows and get these germs outta here!

PRAY FOR ME, I'm going into the germ infested area now......

7 comments:

  1. oh man that sucks!!! poor kids and poor poor mommy for sure!!!!

    ok I prayed that you stay healthy Sandy and Austin too..you have to stay well you are the captain of this ship...hang in there and lots of hand washing of course :)

    Hugs
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life at the Poko house does not sound like much fun right now. I pray that nurse Mommy stays well. Good wishes are sent your way.

    Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sandy, you've got your hands full. Poor kids. They must be miserable. And you....I'm sure you just can't wait for this to pass.

    Hopefully you won't come down with anything yourself.

    Deep Breathes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor crew! Sandy I'm so sorry you have to handle all of this alone.
    I sure hope everyone gets well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandy ~

    Oh my ~ hang in there!!! Bless your heart! I'm a nurse too however it sounds like you are working some serious over time at home!! We will keep your family in our prayers and pray everyone is feeling better and stays that way. We will also be praying that no one else in the house contracts it either!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is at my house too..but a lot milder. Prayers for you! I do have my prescription of Tamiflu and got it filled on Labor day! Not to bad! God Bless!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete