Monday, September 14, 2009

Candy asked why Amy is just starting school. It's because Amy has speech class 2 mornings a week at our neighborhood school but they don't offer VPK. So, I would need to send her to the afternoon session at a different school. I couldn't be at 2 schools at the same time at pick up in the afternoon (Ryan is in 1st grade at our neighborhood school) so Amy was going to stay home. 2 weeks ago, as I was picking up Amy I met another adoptive mom in the school parking lot. Her daughter is in Ryan's 1st grade class and she had just returned home from Ethiopia with the most beautiful 9 yr old little girl. She told me about a private daycare her son was going to for VPK and they had openings. And it's close to our home. Mike went there, signed her up, and she started Friday. And, She's in the same class as my friend's son. Funny thing, they were BOTH adopted from Guatemala! So, that's why she just started. Today was her second day, she had a field trip to the library, tomorrow she has swimming lessons, and she LOVES it. The time is perfect, 9-12. She gets her speech from 8-8:30 and I zip her down the street to school. The bad part is this...Since Paisley and I are all dressed and out the door already, we have been going shopping after we drop off Amy. THIS HAS TO STOP! We are having too much fun and spending TOO MUCH $$$$.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the explanation. Yes, you do need to stop shopping. We all do.

    ReplyDelete