Saturday, April 14, 2012

Good Morning!
It's been too long since I have posted but I have been swamped by this move.  I have lots to talk about and hopefully have some photos I can post too, WHEN I find the cords to the cameras. 
We got here MARCH 4th, then had 2 weekend weddings in South Fl. to attend and helped our friend move the following weekend, then we had Easter so this is actually the first weekend in the house and I am determined to get everything ubnpacked!
We still have about 60 boxes to unpack and furniture to buy.  The little girls still don't have their toys unpacked.  We didn't bring most of our furniture and storage shelves with us so there is no place to put them but the floor..and that's not gonna fly here!  
The kids all love the house, it's HUGE by our standards, 4300 sq. ft.  Austin and Hannah tell me everyday "Mommy, I love this new house, can we stay here forever"?  
School is good. ALL the kids like it better than their old schools, and they LOVED their old schools (except Meg, she misses her friends and teachers terribly). 
Mike has the littles at LOWES this morning building something.  We are TRYING to get back to a normal routine and the kids loved building on Sat. mornings with Mike.
I found my boxes of stuff for the top of my kitchen cabinets yesterday and Mike and I put them up.  Austin saw them after school and said " hmmm  this looks just like HOME"! Made me feel good, like I was acomplishing something. 
 So far it feels like living in a hotel to me.
Every morning I have been digging thru boxes looking for the little kids clothes for school, no uniforms here :(  I had to buy Amy clothes for school because she only had play, church, and school uniforms.  I finally got all the kids clothes unpacked last night. They have too many undies and sox (the girls have at least 50 pr. each)
Our school is out the end of May. We are in Seminole County FL. Great schools!!
I still need to find a cleft team for Ryan, I hope the one I am choosing takes our health ins.
Sorry this is long, I have lots to catch up on.  If you're still reading, thanks for hanging around. Leave a comment, I love reading them and it's nice to know someone is out there..........
this is the ONLY pic on my computer right now, Paisley hunting easter eggs in the back yard.

9 comments:

  1. Wish I was there to help you unpack:) Love the house! Hope you all had a Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to finally hear what's going on!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad the move went well and everyone is adjusting nicely. Hugs, Trish

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you are back. Tell Meg that I totally understand. Moving is hard, but she will make new friends and come to love her new home and neighborhood. Good luck getting all settled in.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to see you back. As a youngster, my family moved frequently. I never liked that unsettled feeling...still don't!
    Loved your boys comment,"Looks like home." Bless his heart.
    Good luck to you as the settling unfolds. Don't be too hard on yourself if you need a break occasionally. mm,vancouver,wa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to see you back. As a youngster, my family moved frequently. I never liked that unsettled feeling...still don't!
    Loved your boys comment,"Looks like home." Bless his heart.
    Good luck to you as the settling unfolds. Don't be too hard on yourself if you need a break occasionally. mm,vancouver,wa.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sandy - glad that you finally 'landed'!! Looking forward to more - now quit 'putering' and get to unpacking! ;)

    hugs - aus and co.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sandy,
    Where in Seminole County are you? I am in DeBary which is just cross the St. John's bridge. I will only be home for one week in May and then we are gone until sometime in
    October. Actually we are takin Kaitlyn back to Hanoi on June 2. Please send me an email with your location.
    Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was nice chatting with you. I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures of you and your family. I will be back to check in on you.

    ReplyDelete