Monday, April 13, 2009

EASTER MONDAY

Is NOT the day to start a diet, not with all those chocolate bunny ears just waiting to be bit, but that's what I did. It's time, I'm ready, so let the misery begin!!

Today my Vietnam adoption agency closes it's doors, another miserable thought. I can't believe it!!! BUT, they are standing behind us and for that I'm grateful.

Let's see, what else can I add to my cheerful post?

Oh, I know, SPRING BREAK was not nearly long enough!! 6:15 came way too early this morning, and poor little Austin was crying as he was getting on his bus that's showing up earlier and earlier. 6:57 today! What happened to 7:07? That seemed too early to me! I know it's only 10 minutes difference, but when your only 3, sometimes you need that extra few minutes to eat your breakfast, or decide to go potty!

The seeds I planted 4 weeks ago are WAY overdue to be transplanted, something I keep putting off. I swear, I could have taken the kids to Mickey's House with what I spent on seeds, potting soil, containers, etc. etc. and we will probably get very little veggies out of it too. It's not like the kids are helping, that was my original thought, something fun for us to do together. OH NO, no one wants any part of the "garden". Ha, Garden, that's a joke, I'm putting the plants in with the landscaping around the pool. I wouldn't dare dig up my yard!! So, as my nice plants die off, or need to be replaced, they are being replaced with corn, beans, peas, watermelon, cantelope, lettuce, peppers, and tomatos. ( I have a BIG landscaped area around the pool if you're thinking "where's she putting all that stuff"?)

Let's see, what else ? Oh, I know, Austin had dental work done last Wednesday. About broke the bank on that one, and we have great dental ins. Anyhow, "from this day forward" says Dr. B, "NO sticky or chewy foods"!!! YIKES! No fruit roll-ups, No gummies, NO JELLY BEANS. The Sunday School Easter Egg Hunt was full of jelly beans! That was a nice temper tantrum, poor little guy. When you're 3 and just learned about jelly beans, you don't understand why mommy says NO all of a sudden. Brother and sisters aren't too happy either.

That's about all the depressing thoughts I want to add for now so I guess I'll go have another cup of coffee, then drag myself and Paisley out to plant the beans and cukes.

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry, I know I keep saying this, but everything happens for a reason! We just have to wait to find out what it is! Hope you had a Happy Easter, despite the jelly bean fiasco!

    Hugs,
    Shari

    ReplyDelete