Wednesday, March 16, 2011

BUSY~BUSY~BUSY

This is what we've been up to the last week, that is, besides 2 kids having surgery....My friend Kathleen is in China adopting her 2 little cabooses ( ya, we've ALL said that before haven't we?) and Mike and I are watching 5 of her 6 children. They came ALL the way from California! Let's see, 4 yr old twins from Vietnam, 8 & 10 yr old girls from Ethiopia, and a 7 yr old bio boy, that about rounds out our pack for the next 3 1/2 weeks. I told her I feel like I'm on a hamster wheel...
Breakfast, laundry, lunch, laundry,dinner, baths...do you know how long it takes to bath 10 kids???? TOO LONG! then bed...ya right, try getting them to sleep, too many giggles from the girls and just plain old carrying on from the boys.
Last night I threatened the boys with no wii, they went right to sleep, sort of. I must say, they are very well behaved children and no one has cried for mommy YET.















1 comment:

  1. Great updates - love the pictures of that whole pack!! I was going to say something about you being a great guy handling all these kids - but then again as I thought about it - it occurred to me that ya'll (like us) are adoptive parents - and for another adoptive parent - no problem at all. I find some comfort in that - and so - just say thanks for "getting it"!

    Oh - anb the cure for 'smores is a garden hose outside (kinda fun too)!! ;)

    hugs - good luck these next weeks!

    aus and co.

    ReplyDelete