Sunday, July 26, 2009

OUR VACATION

Doesn't this look like FUN? A 2,3,4, & 6 yr old in an SUV for 13 hours! Do you know how many rest areas & Cracker Barrels we hit? Just about EVERY ONE!! Too bad they wouldn't listen to me and put a pull-up on, it would have been so much easier, and quicker! The hand washing, the loud " DON'T TOUCH THE POTTY, RIGHT MOMMY?" The lining the toilets with paper, the shorts dragging on the peed floors! YUCK! This is one time I miss the diaper age!
Anyhow, we were off for a week to North Carolina to visit our daughters Betsy & Wendy. And to pick up Meg & Molly who had been there visiting for the month of June.
Our vacation extended over the 4 th of July so we had an extra special vacation. Miguel had a fabulous Fireworks display. The cops came too! That should tell you know how great it really was :) There's always ONE neighbor that just has to complain, isn't there?
We stayed the first 3 nights with Betsy and her family and the second 3 nights with Wendy and her family. I put the photos in order of our stay. This first set was on the way. We got out of the driveway pretty early for us, 8:30 AM. We tried for 7 AM, I think we did pretty good, we usually try for 7 and end up leaving at 11. I'm really bad at times and deadlines. I'm such a procrastinator, even when I'm anxious to go somewhere, and I was REALLY anxious to get to NC and see my sweet daughters again! These photos in the car are the ONLY time anyone slept :( and you see Miss Paisley? She's making "Chinese Eyes", like she needs to do that, what a crazy girl. She was listening to Chinese children's songs and wanted to be Chinese.

ENJOY!















5 comments:

  1. I personally think you must be nuts..LOL Kate's bladder is the size of a pea and I can't imagine trying to drive that far with her in the car. Her only saving grace is that she tends to sleep a lot on car trips (even to the Mall).

    Heading up to see the Mouse this weekend - time to renew one of the passes. Epcot I think since there are lots of indoor spaces.

    Susan and Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Susan, I'M jealous!! We have to renew EIGHT annual passes so it will be quite a while before we're back at the Mouse's House :(
    I was checking out the pass prices yesterday, thinking we could renew ours in August NO WAY!
    Goodness, how the prices have gone UP!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the public restrooms. I really think that Eric hasn't pushed to have a boy because he doesn't have to be the one to do the bathroom duty. My girls raise there arms up in the air and say I won't touch anything. Then when I tell them to wash their hands they say, "But I didn't touch anything!"
    Ahhhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Eric hasn't pushed to adopt a boy because he doesn't want the public bathroom duty. My girls argue with me about washing hands because they didn't touch anything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tricia,
    I make the girls either hold my hands or put their hands on their legs, but they ALWAYS end up touching the potty anyway :(
    And the boys? WHY do they have to touch everything? No one raises the seat at home, but that's the first thing they try to do when we are out! I don't want to even THINK about what goes on when Mike takes then into the men's room!

    ReplyDelete