Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Daddy's Little Helpers

Some were happy and some were not, as you can see by Amy's unenthusiastic expression. But everyone helped Daddy make the new sandbox on his day off. Poor Daddy, even on President's Day he doesn't get a break. Paisley and Ryan had a great time, maybe they're watching too much HANDY MANNY? Austin was oblivious to all the sawing and hammering going on, he was busy playing in the little turtle sand box, and sneaking candy from the kitchen.
I guess I should have taken a pic of the finished product. I'll do that tomorrow. It's pretty nice. 5x5, full of sand, and on the patio in the shade.
What a lifesaver this will be for me. The old big sandbox was at the end of the yard. WAY too far from the house for me to watch what was going on. Now I can sit on the patio and watch TV, or read and keep an eye on the little darlings.















4 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Can't wait to see the finished pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how they are helping Mike out. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great seeing the kids help Daddy! Any story behind Molly? And how is she adjusting?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The helpers are precious. I knew TV was good for children :) Handy Manny is great! I gave you an award. You can receive it on my blog.

    http://thejoysofmommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete